Here is the link to the original recipe, but I simplified it a bit and omitted the olives. It's a pretty soup!
- 1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded & chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (I am going to try some sweet potatoes today)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (14 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Roast the butternut squash in the oven. 400* for about 20 minutes.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the salt, oregano, pepper, tomatoes and chicken broth. Cook, for 1 minute.
- Rinse quinoa and add it to the pot. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa turns translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and roasted squash.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
Calories 329 / Total Fat 14.1g / Saturated Fat 1.0 / Cholesterol 15.2mg / Sodium 1209mg / Total Carbohydrates 32.8g / Fiber 5.4g / Sugars 3.0g / Protein 19.4g / WW (Old Points) 7 / WW (Points+) 9
This seems like it wouldn't have much flavor, but it totally does. I like it a lot. It gets really thick after a few days, but I like it like that. You could add more liquid to the leftovers if you want to.