Thursday, March 28, 2013

banana muffins--no flour, no sugar

I found the recipe here, via pinterest, and I really like these.  They are not very sweet and that is what I like about them.  If you are looking for a cakey muffin, don't make these.  You will be disappointed.  If you are looking for a healthy way to use up over ripe bananas, this is your recipe.  The first time I made these I used cupcake liners and they totally stuck to the liner, and it was a pain to eat them.  The second time I made them I just sprayed the pans and it worked out better.  We also like to add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and a 1/2 cup walnuts (but my kids have now nixed the nuts...oh, well).
140 cal/muffin (with cchips and nuts)
102 cal/muffin (with cchips)

Ingredients:
2.5 cups old fashioned oats 

1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt (I have only used fat free greek yogurt)

2 eggs

1/2 cup honey

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

2 TBSP ground flax seed

1 tsp vanilla

2 ripe bananas 





Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.
2. Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds.  Add remaining ingredients to the food processor.
 
3. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
4. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

And this is what you get people:



Let them cool on a wire rack for just a few minutes and then dig in.  They are actually really good when they are warm!


1 comment:

jamie k said...

yes, i do have bananas that need used up....