Monday, September 30, 2013

Honey lime chicken enchiladas

I made these delicious things a couple weeks ago.  My favorite enchiladas. I substituted the cream for nf Greek yogurt....the sauce ended up a little curdled I think bc of it, but still tasted great. The chicken after sitting in the sauce is super good. Would be great on a cafe rio style salad or something.


http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/03/honey-lime-enchiladas.html
INGREDIENTS
  • 6 tablespoons honey
  • 5 tablespoons lime juice (1-2 large limes)
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded (3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
  • 8-10 fajita-size flour tortillas
  • 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
  • 16 ounces green enchilada sauce (like the Herdez brand)
  • 1 cup heavy cream, sour cream or half-and-half
DIRECTIONS
  1. Whisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the marinade into a Ziploc bag (or other covered container) and toss with the shredded chicken. Refrigerate and let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour and up to 8 hours. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken (reserving the leftover marinade) and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream (or sour cream/half-and-half) and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until brown and crispy on top.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I made these and I thought 6 T honey was too much. I need to make them again.

jamie k said...

I love sweet meat so this was perfect for me. But u could def do half of it and it would be good I'm sure.

Kim said...

These are aaron's favorite.