Monday, February 17, 2014

Creamy Swiss Cheese Chicken Bake

I actually really, really liked this. I'm not sure everyone would, but we did. Served with quinoa and roasted broccoli --- it all went really well together. I 1.5'd the sauce because i like saucy stuff. Also, I totally didn't realize I didn't have greek yogurt until I was already making it all, so I used the closest thing and crossed my fingers that it would work --- Kefir. I'm not sure what it tastes like with anything else, but it tasted great with this. haha.

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4-6 chicken pieces) I used 5
  • 6-8 slices Swiss cheese (about 4-6 ounces)
  • 1/2 cup light mayonnaise (so I used 3/4 c)
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 3/4 c lowfat Kefir)
  • 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided (so I used 3/4 c in sauce + 1/4 c on top)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (3/4 t)
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (3/4 t)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder (1.5 t)
  • Hot, cooked rice for serving
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly spray a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
  2. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season on each side with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken breast pieces in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Layer the Swiss cheese slices over the chicken. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread this mixture over the chicken and cheese. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
  3. Bake for 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is hot and bubbly. Serve over hot, steamed rice.

The way I made it (5 chx breasts, 5 slices swiss, Kefir + 1.5'd of all sauce ingredients), I figured 1 serving = 1/2 chicken breast + sauce divided evenly per portion = 355 kcal

1 comment:

Kim said...

This is so good!