Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Peanut Butter Balls

My friend made these and they were good, but needed more to them imo. So I added my own ingredients (see "optional add ins"), but you could add or subtract whatever .... nuts, chocolate chips, whatevs. I've also made them with almond butter --- Andy likes that better, but I prefer peanut butter.


2 cup oats (I use quick oats for smaller bits)
1 cup peanut butter (this is my favorite -- also delicious slathered on apple slices)
1/4 cup honey (may need to add a little more if you feel like they aren't "coming together")
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut

Optional add ins:
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
2 T hemp seeds
2 T ground flax seeds
4 T chia seeds

Mix everything in kitchen aid. I mix everything except the PB and honey at first, then add the "wet" ingredients. Roll into 1-2 T balls. You really have to press them together before rolling or they fall apart. Keep refrigerated.

No comments: