Recipe from here: https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/cafe-rio-sweet-pork/
- 2 pounds pork (we use boneless pork rib meat) --- I used like 4lb sirloin roast.
- 3 cans Coke (NOT diet)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- dash garlic salt
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 3/4 (10oz) can red enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso brand, medium spiciness but any will work)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- Put the pork in a heavy duty ziploc bag to marinade. Add about a can and a half of coke and about 1/4 c. of brown sugar. Marinade for a few hours or overnight. (I used a bigger roast, so I put it in a bowl and poured Coke in until it was covered.)
- Drain marinade and put pork, 1/2 can of coke, water, and garlic salt in crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours (or until it shreds easily, but don't let it get TOO dry) or on low for 8 hours. Remove pork from crock pot and drain any liquid left in the pot. Shred pork.
- In a food processor or blender, blend 1/2 can Coke, chilies, enchilada sauce and remaining brown sugar (about a cup, you can add a little more or less to taste..). If it looks too thick, add more Coke little by little.
- Put shredded pork and sauce in crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours. That's it!
We made salads and tacos. I discovered uncooked CORN tortillas last year and use them all the time. I don't usually like dry, fall apart easily regular ones, but these are to die for! So much better than even the flour ones. http://www.tortillaland.com/tortillas/corn-tortillas
I use this recipe for dressing: http://ourbestbites.com/2009/03/creamy-lime-cilantro-dressing/
This last time I didn't have green salsa on hand, so I left it out and it's still a decent version.