Friday, March 31, 2017

My Favorite Play Doh

I got this recipe from my SIL. I really like it. It was freezing today so it kept the girls entertained for quite a while while they were cooped up indoors. For this picture I made two half batches because they really wanted two different colors.

2.5 cups flour (plus more)
1/2 cup salt
1 T Alum
1.75 cups boiling water
2 T. Oil
Food coloring


Mix flour and salt in a medium measuring bowl.

Boil water in microwave in a glass measuring cup. Add alum, oil, and color and mix.

Add the water mixture to the flour and salt. Stir with spatula until slightly cool.

Knead well, adding flour until it stops sticking to your hands.

Store in an airtight container. Sometimes I keep it in the fridge. If I'm feeling fancy, I add almond extract or something nice smelling to the dough as I mix it.


No comments: