Monday, April 25, 2011

Marty's Muffins


These are definitely a Marty special. I love them. They're super healthy, so I don't feel bad pounding them. I made them with quick oats and old fashioned, and I like both. I think the quick oats make them more moist though. Next time I make them, I don't think I would add as much sugar...

Muffins

Mix dry ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
3 cups whole wheat flour
3 1/2 cups oatmeal 
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 cups Crazins
1 1/2 cups nuts (optional)

Mix wet ingredients:

1 1/2 cups oil
3 mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups chopped apples (about one large apple)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla.

Combine dry and wet ingredients together. Bake in a muffin tin at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

i have a new little rule: whatever is posted on here - those ingrediants go on my grocery list to make in the following week (desserts excluded...we don't need more desserts). these don't count as dessert.

jamie k said...

i've made these before. they are pretty good ... mine were a little dry. but i'm not sure you can call them "bran muffins" if you aren't adding any bran. (jk mary). i think i like mom's original bran muffins best.

now, if only i could get my muffin tin back from kelli so i could make them...

nettie said...

i've made these several times and mine weren't dry. i love them.

Mary said...

Ha ha jamie. I didn't even think of that. I made these twice and they were less dry when I used quick oats.

jamie k said...

ya ... i'm thinking i might try them with the quick oats next time i make them. i've thought about retrying them, but i think i wrote down the recipe and then threw it away when i was done (i always do that).

jamie k said...

did i say i made these again??? i don't think i did. anyway, i got all the ingredients for it ... but forgot the quick oats. made them anyway. i don't think they were as dry this time. way yummy. i froze them and took out only how many i was eating. they lasted forever. i only have one left in the freezer...i need to make more.