Monday, April 11, 2011

Potato Tacos

*I know you probably already have this recipe, but I just posted it on the other food blog I do with my gal friends, so what the heck. It's a Sorensen original. (I think...it reminds me of mom anyway, and I have never seen it anywhere else in the world)

lb ground beef
1 onion diced
1-2 baking potatoes
1 tsp seasoned pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp garlic powder 

Brown the meat. Halfway through, add the diced onion. Allow these to cook together while you work on the potatoes.
Peal and cut your potato into chunks. Boil until nice and tender.
Drain the meat.
Drain the potatoes.
Combine the meat and potatoes.
Add seasoned pepper (it's a real spice found in the spice isle) and seasoned salt and garlic powder. 

I love serving them in corn tortillas that have been crisped up on the stove. I top it with queso fresco, but of course you can add any of your regular taco toppings.

Here is a visual of what your potato taco guts will look like:

No comments: