Friday, December 28, 2012

Hamburger Hot Pot

I don't know if this qualifies to be on here, but my kids love it, it's pretty basic meat and potatoes.

1 1/2 lb ground beef
6 med. Potoes, peeled and sliced
¼ tsp garlic powder
3 med onions sliced
1 tsp salt
1 can mushroom soup
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup water
(I add a layer of carrots and sometimes some mushrooms)

Brown ground beef and add seasonings to the meat. Stir together soup and the liquid you are using. In crock pot layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 carrots, 1/2 onions, all of the beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, then liquid.

I usually add milk instead of water and a little sour cream. I also sprinkle on paprika and seasoning salt. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low 6ish maybe. My crock pot cooks really hot, so yours might take longer.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

why would this not qualify? you crack me up. there's not a panel of inspectors that approve/disapprove recipes.

:)

Emily said...

Seriously, I think I'll make this tomorrow. So, is this layered in the crock pot or is it all mixed together?