1lb ground chicken breast (I used 3 boneless skinless breasts, chopped smallish)
1/2 medium onion, minced
salt & pepper, a dash of each
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 inch nob fresh ginger, peeled & minced ( I used way more than this, I love fresh ginger)
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
1/2 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (or more if you like it hotter)--I didn't have this, nor did i want to buy it, so I added a sprinkling of red pepper flakes.
dash of fresh pepper
3 green onions, chopped
1/2-8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
10-12 large outer lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, shredded zucchini
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet on high. Add chicken, onion, salt & pepper, and cook until chicken is nearly done, stirring often to break up the meat. Add in minced garlic and ginger, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce and pepper. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Add into the skillet and stir to combine. I doubled the sauce because I added veggies
- Add green onion and water chestnuts (I left these out, me no likey) into the skillet then cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts (I left these out too, my peanut butter was chunky and NOT natural), and serve with cold lettuce leaves
- I like wraps with fresh veggies too, so I add a thinly sliced cucumbers and carrots to it along with cilantro.
- I also like to add rice to make it more substatial, and I like to make sauce to dip it in:
4 Tbs soy sauce
4 Tbs rice vinegar
3 Tbs water
2 tsp honey
1-2 tsp finely minced fresh ginger
To prepare dipping sauce, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine.