Saturday, March 26, 2011

black bean soup

I haven't made this yet, (it's from shellee), but it sounds really good, and my kids love black beans

Black Bean Soup
1-2 tbls oil
2 cans black beans
2 garlic cloves
8-12 ounces of salsa(depending on how much salsa you like.  I always just eye it. Use whatever spice level you prefer)
Garnish with cilantro and monterey jack cheese(I use pepper jack because I like ti spicy).

Super easy. Mince you garlic .  Heat the oil and saute the garlic. Add the black beans and salsa.  Bring it to a boil.  Then take out about half of the soup and puree the beans( I like lots of whole beans so I leave a little more in.  Puree more if you like it more creamy). Add the beans back to the soup.  Let it simmer for a while and garnish with cilantro and cheese.  I think the cilantro is what makes the soup good.  Really easy and fast.  Drip chips in it as well or a dang quesadilla.

1 comment:

Garn said...

Dear Nettie,

Under the guise of being an equal opportunity beanest, can the beans in the recipe be substituted with Indian beans, white beans, or my personal favorite Mexican jumping beans (documented of course)?

Sincerely,

A bean for all people