I basically use this recipe:
- frozen strawberries
- frozen or fresh blueberries (I don't use the mixed berries because morgan does not like the seed). I definitely like to add the blueberries because they are so good for you
- 1/3-1/2 cup of yogurt, I use vanilla, but I'm thinking about making my own yogurt here pretty soon (my Indian friend does it and thinks it's much better. I agree.)
- banana...bananas really sweeten it up and mask other flavors
- any other fruit--pear is a good one, it's pretty sweet
- 1 cup(or more) milk or apple juice. I'd prefer to just use milk, but the juice really sweetens it up and my kids are more likely to drink it. I usually add both.
- spinach. I fill my blender up as full as I can with spinach
- grated carrot (or left over baby food you want to get rid of. beware if it has peas in it. they kind of have a strong flavor.)
- honey or agave if it needs sweetening
- flax seed, i usually add 2-3 tablespoons
- sometimes I add protein powder if I remember.
There you go, lots of healthy veggies in a smoothie. If morgan is home i add less veggies, she has a pickier pallet when it comes to these. Beware of the color. It's greenish/brown (depending on the blueberries). I usually put it in a cup with a lid and straw.