Friday, January 10, 2014

sauteed sugar snap peas--easy side dish

thought I'd share a super easy side dish we like.  I love sugar snap peas raw, but sometimes with dinner you just feel like a warm veggie.  There's a restaurant Jeff and I used to eat at (cannot remember where), that always served sugar snap peas sautéed in butter and topped with salt and pepper.  They are really yummy, and take about 5 minutes.

Melt butter in pan (you really don't need much.  Last night I did a tsp, but it could've used less and still been good).  add peas (I'm lazy and don't wash them.  I know lots of people don't trust the pre washed veggies, but I don't ever feel like washing).  Toss them in and season with salt and pepper.  stir 3-5 minutes until they are bright green.  Should still be crunchy.

They are great.

No comments: